Common Lime from the Holy Monastery of Simonopetra in Mount Athos. Its scientific name is Tilia europaea and is a tree known for thousands of years in Greek therapeutics.
- We use the flowers and leaves of the tree because they contain emollients, volatile oils, astringents and substances similar to vitamin E.
- It is an aromatic herb that acts as a diuretic, mild astringent and expectorant. It calms the nerves, lowers high blood pressure, helps prevent heart diseases, increases perspiration, releases convulsions and improves digestion.
- It has positive effects on hypertension, atherosclerosis, heart and digestive disorders associated with anxiety, urinary infections, flu, colds accompanied by fever (coldness, cough, flu, bronchitis, etc.), rheum, migraines and headaches.
- The flowers are also used in diseases of the kidney and the urethra, as well as to alleviate the pains and improve the function of the stomach. It is also used as a cholagogue in liver diseases and stones in the bile.
- It is a good sedative and helps sleeping well and calmly.
- Strengthens the immune system and has a positive effect on lowering cholesterol and relaxing the arteries.
Use: Prepared as infusion tea. Add a teaspoon of its flowers to a cup of boiled water, cover it and leave it for 10 minutes. Strain and drink three times per day. To achieve perspiration in case of fever, add 2-3 teaspoons. Common lime is very well combined with hawthorn and mistletoe in cases of high blood pressure, and with hops in cases of nerve compression. For colds and flu, you can combine it with elderberry.
Precautions - Contradictions: If you are stressed, nervous and busy, common lime is precious. But if you are too tired, do not drink it because, due to its soothing action, it can aggravate the feeling of fatigue.
The above information is not medical advice nor substitute advice of another health care professional. They are provided for information only. Do not stop any other medical care recommendations without consulting your doctor.
Net weight: 30 g.